Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Stuffing!


Yesterday was a day full of shopping with the kids and we had to make a stop at Build-A-Bear. Brianna has become quite a shopper. She loves it! Denise could pass, too many people. The Memorial City Mall was jam packed with everyone and his brother, but we were able to make some progress and bought some Xmas gifts and dad's birthday gift.

Today was a day full of food. It was our annual holiday pot luck at work. Everyone did well this time in my department and brought quite a bit of food, enough to feed about 200 of us with leftovers. I got up early to make a green bean casserole and sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. I am part of the Social Committee and was put in charge of the Dessert room. There was pumpkin pie, pecan pie, Tres Leche cake, dulce de lece, mince pie, rice pudding, brownies, cookies, apple pie, pound cake, chocolate cake, fudge and whatever you can think of that's sweet! As for the food, besides turkey, ham and dressing there was something from every part of the world. I work with people from all over the world so there was dishes from India, the Middle East, China, Malaysia, Great Britain, Phillipines, South America and Louisiana. Most of the things I did not know what it was or how to pronounce it, but just put it on my plate to taste. My favorites were the chicken gumbo, some kind of oriental noodles and a fig dessert. I purposely didn't have any Thanksgiving kind of food because I hope to get the good stuff on Turkey day when we go to northern Louisiana to Aunt Joyce's. Can't wait to see everyone in Farmerville at the lake.

No comments: