Monday, November 3, 2008

Flat Monday

I thought it was just another ordinary blah Monday until I walked to the parking garage after work and found out that my van had a flat tire. At least I didn't have a blow out on the highway. That would have been disastrous during Houston's rush hour. Security at work called a road assistance company to come out and replace my tire. I haven't replaced a tire since I drove a Toyota Corolla station wagon back in my college days. There is no way I could have replaced that tire my self. First, I could barely get the jack out of the car. It was screwed in tightly by the manufacturer and wouldn't budge. The other thing was the spare was underneath the car and had never been used so it was stuck. The maintenance guy had to hit it with a mallet a few times to loosen it up. My van is 7 years old and has more than 145,000 miles but has never had a flat. I think that's pretty good considering all the driving I do. I'll probably keep it a few more months until I get the new car fever.
Tomorrow is the big day when we get a new president. The kids are off of school because it is being used for a voting facility so they love it. I'll be working from home supposedly!
My sister Gina paid us a visit yesterday in her costume from Halloween. She had to show the kids before she put it up. They were a little spooked at first but got over it soon. They only one who couldn't get over it was Maxie, she kept barking at Gina everytime she put her mask on.

No comments: