Sunday, November 9, 2008

Long Weekend

This has certainly been a long weekend. Dennis and the girls started out Friday night by going to Huntsville to watch Alicia's volleyball team play Sam Houston. They lost, but the kids had fun. Lisa, her fiance Herman and Naya were at the game also.
The next morning on Saturday we drove to Port Arthur first to my parents house. My dad is doing great. He is walking around with a walker and looks very strong walking on his legs. I'm sure he wouldn't want me to put a picture of him in his pajamas so I didn't take any pictures of him. It looks like he will be walking on his own soon. We talked my mom and my brothers, Orlando and Leonard to go with us to the UTA-Lamar volleyball game. It has been probably more than 25 years since I have been back to Lamar's campus. Not much has changed except for the buildings have been revamped. The Setzer Student Center still looked the same, but McDonald gym is now where the volleyball team plays instead of the basketball team who play in the Montagne Center.

We walked around campus and took pictures, even with the Mirabeau Lamar statue. We found a TV so Dennis could watch the LSU-Alabama game and than went to watch Alicia play. It was a very exciting match, but Lamar won on the fifth game. Lamar has a very good team, they actually won the Southland Conference title last year. We got to see Alicia again before we went back to Port Arthur. We got to my parents house just in time to watch the end of the LSU-Alabama game which they lost in overtime to the Crimson Tide 27-21.



We have had a rat in our house for the past few days and it has been very scary to walk around inside in fear that it might jump out. We tried the glue traps and they didn't work, the rat had torn himself off leaving his hair on the glue, so before we left for PA we set up a trap with cheese. When we returned on Sunday the trap had worked. Now I can walk around the house with no fear!


Have a good week!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Rat pics, Lucy.....ooooh!

Dennis and Lucy Shaffer said...

Well, my kids wanted to put it on the blog. They get into this blog thing and want to pick out the pictures!