Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wedding and Piano Recital


We had a busy weekend. We left for Frisco on Saturday morning to attend the wedding of the son of my good friend Theresa. Cody Strange was married to Kelly Burgin in a beautiful ceremony at the First Baptist Church in Frisco. A reception followed in the church hall with cupcakes for a wedding cake. That was a unique idea, no cake cutting required. I was able to catch up with a lot of old friends which I haven't seen in years. Later that night we went to Rick(Theresa's brother) and Brooke's house for chili and more food. All of Theresa's family was there and it was nice to visit with them and their kids.

Today, we drove from Frisco, TX in the morning to make it in time for Denise's Xmas piano recital. She played perfectly well as I knew she would. Her song "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", was a duet with Mr. Richard. All the kids did their best and put on a good show. Alicia showed up to support Denise. She had arrived in Houston on Saturday for her Xmas break and doesn't go back to school until January 20. I wish my break was that long! Celeste will be coming in from Austin on Monday for her break.

No comments: