Sunday, December 28, 2008

Buddy Get Together

We had a wonderful and relaxing couple of days in Port Arthur. I think Dennis slept most of the time and the kids got to do whatever they wanted, I even caught them making mud pies in the backyard.
Denise brought her remote control car, helicopter and boat the she got for Xmas so we played around with those things. The helicopter got stuck in the tree and on top of the house and we took the boat to Doornbos park in Nederland and chased the ducks in the pond. Uncle Leonard came along and had fun playing in the park also.






The neighbor's dog, Chispita, came over to play with Brianna and Maxie. Brianna just can't resist carrying that little dog everywhere.

My mom packed up some tamales while I packed up all the kids toys and we returned to Houston on Saturday. In the evening we went to a party that Greg and Brenda Suire were having in their new house for all the buddies and their kids. Don and Lora Lawrence were in town from Ohio with their two girls and it was nice to see most of everyone there. Of course we missed Fran, Don, Tim, Amber, Richard, Debbie, Mark, Jim and Mishele. We had fun reminiscing the good ole days by looking through a bunch of photo albums. I was able to find a couple of pictures of the SS Lick Me pontoon that we were looking for, but I never did find the pic of Greg Suire with his gay volleyball pose!


I also was able to get a few shots of all the kids and then all of us together. Thanks, Greg and Brenda for such a fun time and your new house is of course spectacular, right out of a magazine. Click here for the pictures I took or look at the slideshow on the top left.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the old SS Lick Me. No need to find the Gay Volleyball photo, just look at the SS Lick Me pose! LOL!!!!!

Great fun on Saturday night, I already posted on my blog!

Anonymous said...

P.S. It's Theresa that left the last post!

Fran said...

Great pics, Lucy! Seeing those buddy pictures makes me homesick; especially seeing Theresa wearing SANDALS while I'm in socks and boots up here in Ohio. Thanks for posting!

Dennis and Lucy Shaffer said...

How about that pose! Greg, what were you thinking?

Just Me said...

Thanks for sharing your pics, Lucy! Enjoyed seeing some "old faces"...no offense intended :)