Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shopping and More Shopping


This weekend was spent shopping and more shopping. I've done really well and have kept out of the malls. We are lucky to live in an area that has a lot of shopping strips with all the stores I need such as Learning Express, Best Buy, Target, Justice for Girls, Bath and Body Works and Claire's. Aunt Lupie went shopping with us on Saturday so she could buy the girls what they want. We went to Learning Express and while the girls were on one side of the store she bought Denise Spy Gear and Brianna Groovy Girls. We had a very good lunch at Panera Bread. They have the best home made French bread. It was about 76 degrees outside and cloudy, not really Xmas shopping weather. Today, Sunday, we woke up to 44 degrees outside, much better weather for shopping. I got up early and went to Kohl's and Target. The crowds were not out yet and parking was easy to find. I got a lot done than rented some movies for the kids to watch. They really liked "Space Chimps" so I think I'll add that to one of their stockings. Uncle O and Aunt Libby came by to drop off the kids Xmas gifts. We will miss them this Christmas because they will be leaving Port Arthur to come back to Houston on Christmas Eve. We opted to stay in Houston and go to mass here than go to Port Arthur on Christmas day. I'm sure we will see other family members there. Tonight was more relaxing, watching movies with the kids with the fire roaring in the fireplace. This week I have to work a full day on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, Christmas Eve, I'll be working from home. We will probably be let go early at 2:00 pm and that's it for me until next year. Woohoo!!!

No comments: