Thursday, October 16, 2008

Watch out for the moms driving vans!

I paid my $75 violation ticket that I got the other day and I don't even remember running a red light. But, low and behold they got a picture of my silver van passing a red light. So when you see those signs that say Photo Enforced beware, they will get you if you pass that red light. I was already peeved because my AMEX card had been charged with not one but two speeding tickets when we were in Italy this summer. It took them three months to bill me, I should have canceled the card when we got back! Hey, Orlando did you get any tickets? I believe that I got these on the highway when I was "doing as the Romans do" and going with the flow of traffic.

I don't think I remember seeing the English sign much less the Italian one. I promise I will be watching my driving from now on, these petty tickets can be costly.

We had quite a show today at work for our annual gumbo and chili cookoff. It's part of week long activities to raise money for our Giving Choices program which gives to all kind of charities. Employees dress up in costumes and cook some of the best gumbo and chili around. They gave away door prizes, I won a $10 giftcard to Subway. Woohoo! We even had the University of Houston cheerleaders and a high school band playing. It was held in the parking garage in case it rained and it was a big success. There was even cigarette girls dressed up and walking around with Tums, Pepto and Alka Seltzer instead of cigarettes for the people with weak stomachs. Fran, remember when we were cigarette girls for one of Theresa's fundraisers? Let me refresh your memory!

By the way, who is this Joe the plummer anyway? Hasta luego!

3 comments:

Just Me said...

OMG...I love the pic of you & Fran. A bit risque, I might add. Lucy, your name came up in Austria and David and I had a good laugh. One of those funny memories that I can't discuss in public. Remember Lafayette? LOL, I bet Fran remembers the story. Keep up the blog! Oh, and I LOVE JOE THE PLUMBER. I had just added him to my blog, then saw you mention him in yours. Ciao, chick!

Anonymous said...

OMG I have so many memories in Lafayette that can't be discussed in public! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that can laugh at them. It's good to know the best blogger I know is reading mine.
C-Ya!

Fran said...

OMG. What a blast from the past. Lucy, that's back when we could wear something like that and not even worry about anything "hanging out" or "jiggling" anywhere. Can you believe that was at a Catholic Hospital charity fundraiser?? Lucy's right, there were many moments in Lafayette. Love you guys!