Monday, October 27, 2008

Not just once, but for life...

I went for my yearly mammogram today. I have been going yearly for the past 12 years except for the years I was pregnant or breastfeeding. By doing this annually, makes me feel more assured that I am doing everything I can to catch this early if I end up with it. It is not the most comfortable thing and honestly I think the machine mashes harder each year that I return for more torture. Click to give for free mammograms.

The kids from Denise's soccer team played against their parents on Sunday. Of course, me with my osteoarthritic knees couldn't play so Dennis played for the both of us. This was his first time to ever play soccer and he did very well. I got worried just a few times when Coach Joe ran into him and made him fall and the other time when he pulled over to the sideline holding his knee. Each time he got up and continued. For someone with two left feet when he dances, he certainly had some fancy footwork! Denise and Brianna both played and had lots of fun. There are just two soccer games left in the season and than we take a winter break from sports.

No comments: