Tuesday, April 7, 2009

End of Soccer Season

My husband, whom I thought didn't read my blog, has told me that I need to write a new post. I have been so busy with work and running around with the kids that I have had no time to write any blogs. Sometimes I do so much programming with web applications at work that I don't want to get on the computer when I get home.
Anyhow, I will do my best to write more often. I will most likely not be like an old friend, Sybil who keeps up with her blog daily and does an excellant job. Instead, I will write when there is something to write about, maybe daily or maybe weekly.

This past weekend was the end of another Spring soccer season. The kids played their hearts out on Friday and Saturday for their last games. Brianna's soccer party was first on Saturday night. I forgot my camera so I took the picture of her and her trophy later.
We went to a place called Husky's on West Road near the house. The food is good and there is an arcade to keep the kids busy. Coach Matt, Coach Joe and all the team was there with their parents to celebrate. The next day on Sunday we went to church in the morning for Palm Sunday, the longest mass of the year! Afterwards, we went for a bike ride at Bear Creek park. My poor bike which has not been used in quite sometime ended up with a flat. We dropped it off at Bike Barn on the way home for some needed repairs and maintenance. That night we went Husky's again for Denise's soccer party. Most of the same parents were there because many have siblings that play on Brianna's team.
All seventeen girls of Denise's team was there to get their trophies and medals. They even had a tiger mascot to help Coach Joe hand out the trophies.
This was Denise's sixth season with Coach Joe and she has played 104 quarters so far, with 13 quarters as goalie this season. Looks like she has found her favorite position to play.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Good job girls! I loved soccer, but the season so hot when it began & so cold before it ended! BTW, Coach Joe is cute :)

Dennis and Lucy Shaffer said...

Yes, he is a good-looking man, but most everyone is good-looking at 30! He has 5 beautiful children and a lovely wife also. You're right about the soccer weather, but the kids don't feel that, the parents do!