Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday



We drove out of Houston at 6:30 pm on Holy Thursday on our way to our first Easter stop in Port Arthur. The construction on I10 delayed us by half an hour but felt like 2 hours instead! My parents are doing well and were glad to see the kids as usual. We spent the night and got up this morning to make the drive to Baton Rouge. I got up early this morning to do some work on my computer and felt just fine but after I took a shower I got very dizzy so we had to wait until I got over it. Felt like a bad hangover. Must have been all that green tea I've been drinking lately. Dennis drove first so that I could finish sleeping off my dizziness. By the time we got to Jennings my dizziness was gone. We stopped to look at the alligators which maybe moved an inch the whole 15 minutes we were there. Maxie had never smelled an alligator before so she was very curious to know what that was in the cage. After our bathroom break, I drove the rest of the way to Grandpa Harv and Flash's house. We got there just in time for some Cowboy Stew and Lousiana strawberry shortcake. Flash was rearranging all her statues in the back yard and the kids posed for a picture with her new concrete deer. The others were destroyed by the tree that fell in their back yard during Hurricane Gustav last year. Brianna had informed me last night that we forgot their Easter dresses at home so we made a mad dash to Target to buy new ones but they had slim pickins so we ended up at Wal-Mart. We found some cute ones that met to Brianna's approval. She is very picky about clothes, I don't look forward to her teen years! After watching some Wheel of Fortune and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire we had crawfish in the patio. Flash had gone out and bought 30 pounds with corn and potatoes at Frog's down the street.The crawfish were good and spicy enough to make my fingers hurt. This was my first batch so far this year and I'll try to make it a point to have more later before the season ends. We tried to listen to Prince's new CD but couldn't get everyone interested so switched to a local country station. A song "Swingin'" by John Anderson started playing that brought back memories of a country western night club we used to go to near Parkdale mall in Beaumont. I'm hoping Fran or Sybil can refresh my memory on the name of the place.
Tomorrow the kids are going to an egg hunt at the church down the street. They said they will hide 50,000 eggs. I hope the weather holds out so the kids can have fun. Have a Good Friday!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

That would be The Palace, madame! Happy Easter :)

Dennis and Lucy Shaffer said...

That's it! That would've really bugged me if I couldn't remember it. Felices Pascuas to you and yours also.