Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Birthday Continues

This weekend began with a trip to Edible Arrangements. My sister Rebecca and brother-in-law, Gary had sent me an arrangement last Saturday, but could not be delivered because we were still in San Antonio. So they made me a fresh one and I went and picked it up. It certainly was beautiful and very tasty, especially the chocolate covered strawberries and pineapples. Thank you very much guys.
Than we went to Owens Elementary for the 1 mile Fun Run and Carnival. Denise, Brianna and Dennis braved the windy 45 degree weather and finished their 1 mile quickly. I went inside the cafeteria to check out all the items for the silent auction. I went ahead and signed up for the after school parties for the kids, a couple of baskets full of stuff and dinner for 4 at Mission Burrito with 4 movie tickets. From there we rushed to the morning soccer games for both girls. Then back again to the school carnival for the cake walk, auction, food and blow up slides. We made out with some good stuff from the auction, Denise had to bid on the Dynamo jersey autographed by all the soccer team and she won it. All in all it was $300 worth of things. After the carnival it was back to another soccer game for Denise. When they finished that game, we went home and packed for a short weekend trip to grandma and grandpa's house. My mom's birthday is next weekend and we will not be able to make it which is why we decided to go this weekend. We left Maxie with Dennis and made it to Port Arthur by sundown. On Sunday we slept in late and we went over to see the new mixed Chihuahua puppies next door.

They were so cute and their eyes were still closed. After lunch my mom surprised me with a cake she made that had both our ages on top. It was fun to visit with the folks and my brother Leonard before we headed back home.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Your mom and dad look great!