Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!






This Saturday after Brianna's soccer game which they won 1-0, we drove down to Port Arthur for Mardi Gras. We went in two cars, me and Brianna with Maxi and Cupid, the hamster and in the other car was Dennis and Denise. Dennis has his car in the shop and Lexus gave him a brand new loaner. Beautiful ES 350 with everything in it. Denise and Brianna love the GPS and have requested that I get one in my new car. Why? Been around the world and I don't get lost. On our way to PA before we got out of Houston, all of I10 traffic detoured in one lane. I stayed with all the cars and got to PA in 2 1/2 hours(normal 1hr. 45 min.) and Dennis entered another route on the GPS so he got to PA 25 minutes before I did. Now I know why I should get a GPS! Anyhow, we made it in time to get to Procter St. for the Grand Parade. Luckily the rain had stopped and it looked like it was clearing up. We took our Disneyworld souvenir ponchos just in case. Before the parade began at 6:00 pm the motorcycles paraded first. There must have been hundreds of them throwing beads also. Then out came the floats and Denise and Brianna went wild! Brianna was dancing to all the music the floats were playing. The bead throwers loved her dancing and would throw her the best beads. Denise had her ways of getting some good ones also. My sister Rebecca, my mom and my aunt had a great time also. We can't wait to come next year for some more bags of beads!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I do miss Mardi Gras! I know that's just a still shot of Brianna, but I can tell that she's got some moves!

Fran said...

Go, Brianna!!! Get down with your bad self.