Monday, February 2, 2009

Six More Weeks of Winter

Well it looks like we will be having six more weeks of winter according to Puxatany Phil, the famous groundhog. He emerged from his burrow and saw his shadow at daybreak this morning. I told Brianna when she woke up and she turned around crying back to bed. She kept mumbling that Groundhog Day should be a school holiday and it's not fair it's going to be cold for six more weeks. She finally got dressed and put on a smile in time for school.
It looks like I have a good chance of keeping my job at Halliburton. I have made it through two rounds of layoffs. 1,200 employees worldwide this time and hopefully there will be no more for a long time. Our fourth quarter earnings were pretty high so our bonuses were very good this year. I probably should save it in case of more layoffs.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Spend that bonus, girl. Stimulate that economy!