Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back to Normal

After loading up the car, we drove back home to Houston from Baton Rouge today. Luckily there wasn't too much traffic but we did get some rain along the way. It took us 4 hours and 45 minutes with one stop for gas and lunch at Wendy's. The extra load of pennies weighing at about 220 pounds in the car did not slow us down. Yesterday, Dennis and the kids unloaded half the wheat pennies out of the water bottle that Flash has been collecting them in so that we could lift the bottle without having the bottom break from the weight of the pennies. She has collected wheat pennies in a water bottle for each of her children. Gail, Greg and Brad have taken their pennies already, so Dennis was the last one.



After unpacking and catching up with the mail and newspapers we are back to normal and ready for school/work on Monday. It sure has been a very relaxing holiday from work. I guess I'm anxious to get back to the office and my regular routine of working out at lunch. I said I wasn't going to overeat, but I did!

No comments: