Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!


On Tuesday we drove to Port Arthur to visit my mom, dad and my visiting cousin, Estevan and his wife Georgetta from Surinam in South America. I have not seen him since I was about 5, but I still remember when he lived with us for a little while. He and his wife have retired and are visiting family and friends in the US. It was such a nice visit with them and we enjoyed spending a little time with them. On Wednesday we were all going out to eat at Texas Roadhouse in PA but it was not open until 4:00 pm so we went to Sartin's in Nederland instead. The lunch all you can eat was great, shrimp, catfish, crab balls, french fries and salad. It was way too much to eat but I somehow made room in my stomach for it! After eating lunch we said our goodbyes and drove over to Baton Rouge to visit the Shaffers. The roads were full of cars and it took us an extra half hour instead of the normal 3 hours. Today, the guys were frying the turkey while Denise and Brianna made pilgrim hats for dessert. Sue cooked all the sides and brisket also. My niece, Samantha looked so pretty I asked her to try her hair skills on Denise. They looked so pretty for stuffing their faces. Yum, yum everything was great. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just have to say many, many thanks for my wonderful family and friends.

No comments: